What do we provide?
Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic in Dubai offers top quality dental care for infants, children and teens. We have a dynamic team of experienced Paediatric Dentists who, along with skilled dental staff, create a safe and secure ambience that makes each appointment a comfortable and relaxing experience from beginning to end.
At Dr. Paul’s we specialize in the following treatment plans that have been formulated with children and teens in mind.
- Dental Examination for infants plus risk assessment for caries in mother and child – Many new mothers are unaware that poor dental health of the mother can be passed on to their infants. Children can get infected through vertical transmission – kissing, using same utensils – from mothers who suffer from poor oral health or high oral bacteria. We educate parents in infant dental care, carry out a caries risk assessment, and formulate a preventive treatment plan.
- Preventive Dental care through Fluoride treatments and Dental Sealants – Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic provides effective preventive measures that will fight against tooth decay and cavities. Fluoride treatments and dental sealants are both effective products that strengthen tooth enamel and protect against cavities and decay. They are painted over the tooth, its grooves and dips, acting as a barrier, preventing the attack of bacteria.
- Habit counselling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking) – Habits, such as thumb–sucking and pacifiers, if continued beyond the age of four, can give rise to a number of dental problems including jaw misalignment, tooth decay, roof narrowing, and slanting teeth. We are able to provide expert counselling and advise to break this insidious habit.
- Habit breaking appliances – If you have tried all the tricks up your sleeve to stop your child from thumb-sucking or using the pacifier, then maybe it is time for a habit breaking appliance from Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic. We provide a mouth guard that is attached with the help of dental bands, preventing the insertion of the thumb or pacifier.
- Space Maintainers – Space maintainers are used in children who have lost their baby tooth much before the permanent tooth is ready to take their place. It is custom-made for each child and is used to keep the space of the lost tooth open until the permanent tooth erupts.
- Paediatric Orthodontics – According to the American Dental Association, the right age to visit the orthodontist is around the age of 7. At Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic, our skilled paediatric and orthodontic experts are able to devise a custom-made treatment plan for your child that ensures healthy smiles for years ahead.
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects – Tooth decay, also known as cavities or caries are a common complaint in children. Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic offers effective treatment options that ensure the comfort and safety of your child. We are also able to advise you on how to prevent tooth decay in the future.
- Dental Injuries – Dental Injuries can be traumatic for both the parent and the child. We have a specialized dental emergency service that is able to take care of all crisis situations such as fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth. It is crucial to get help immediately, so call us as soon as possible, so we can advise on how to deal with the situation.
- Treatments under General Anaesthesia – Many children are apprehensive about dental treatments to an extent that effective care cannot be administered while they are alert. For such situations, Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic recommends general anaesthesia, where your child is induced sleep, while the treatment is underway. We work with trained anaesthesiologists to ensure a safe and relaxed experience for the parent and child.
Meet our pediatric dentist:
DR BOBBY PAUL
Profile: Dr. Bobby completed his MDS at the Government Dental College, Trivandrum, India in 1998. Bobby truly believes in the prevention of dental problems and educating families about healthy smiles for life. In treating patients, his philosophy is based on respecting children yet caring for them, using age-appropriate techniques, love and undivided attention.
Specialty: Pediatrics and Preventive Dentistry
Qualification: BDS, MDS in Preventive and Pediatric Dentistry
Years of practice: 17 years