For years Root Canal treatment has been regarded as one of the world’s most feared dental procedures and in the USA as much as 15% of adults have such a phobia that they avoid the dental treatment altogether. We will now point out
a few facts and misconceptions about Root Canals so you get a clearer picture:
- It is the infection itself within the Pulp that can be extremely painful and not the actual Root Canal procedure itself.
- If your tooth takes a heavy knock and cracks or breaks this is another way your pulp can be exposed bringing about intense pain that will need a root canal or at worse an extraction to remedy.
- With the advent of new technologies, Root canals are now relatively painless and on par with a regular filling.
- New procedures now greatly increase the chance of a successful Root canal lessening the chance of root canal failure due to remaining bacteria in the apical part of the root canal structure
- Root canals have a success rate as high as 96%.
- The only other alternative to a root canal is tooth extraction.
- Failure to deal with a Root Canal issue can lead to serious infection, dental abscess, and even life-threatening conditions.
- Endodontists are the specialty dentists best geared to do root canals and have done extra (post-dental school) years of study specifically for such procedures.
- Root canals are usually fixed within 1 to 3 visits by a root canal specialist.
- Over 15 million root canal operations occur yearly with over 40,000 occurring daily.
- 89% of Endodontist patients are happy with their root canal treatments.
- Contrary to some people`s beliefs there is no evidence to support that Root Canals lead to further sickness in other parts of the body. This is simply not true.
Dr. Paul’s Dental Clinic has long been one of the Dental clinics in Dubai as we provide total dental care. For consultation regarding a possible Root Canal our resident expert DR. Binoy Paul, one of the best endodontists in Dubai, is on hand to help. Call today at +971 4 357 5783 for an appointment or visit our website.