There is no question that Invisalign retainers are excellent when it comes to aligning teeth in order to give you a near-perfect smile. Vital for Invisalign retainers to achieve this is making sure your Invisalign braces remain clean and well maintained at all times – free from warping, bad smells, tartar, and plaque – just to name a few.
Here are some tips you can use to make sure your Invisalign retainers stay well maintained:
- Clean your retainer with a soft-bristled brush both inside and out in small, circular motions. Rinse the Invisalign retainer with lukewarm water i.e. – water that is not too hot or too cold.
- Always keep an eye out for any plaque buildup on your retainers. If allowed to buildup Tartar will form which and can be hard to remove from the retainer even with a toothbrush.
- Deep clean by soaking your retainer in a denture or retainer cleaning solution. You can also deep clean using the Invisalign Cleaning System which was designed specifically for Invisalign retainers. All these options remove any plaque or tartar buildup.
- Wash your Invisalign retainers with clear antibacterial soap to keep them plaque-free.
- Brush your aligners gently as vigorous brushing can scratch your aligners and leave visible etchings.
- Soaking your aligners in slightly soapy water for up to 30 minutes and after that rinse them thoroughly.
Here are some things you shouldn’t do to your Invisalign retainers:
- Try not to eat whilst wearing Invisalign as a lot of foods and beverages can discolor your retainers and cause them to smell.
- Avoid using standard toothpaste to clean your retainers as they can be abrasive and scratch your Invisalign.
- Avoid colored soaps when cleaning your Invisalign as they may alter the retainers’ color properties making them more visible.
- While your Invisalign are out during eating times do not leave them in open areas where they will be exposed to any number of Germs. Wash and rinse the Invisalign aligners before putting them back into your mouth.
Following the above steps can help you maintain your Invisalign retainers. If you require more information about Invisalign braces feel free to contact us at our dental clinic in Oud Metha and talk to Dr. Tapasya Juneja, Dr. Anil Abdul Kaphoor our resident experts in the field. You can also call us on +971 4 357 5783 for an appointment or visit our website at https://www.drpaulsdentalclinic.com.